Jay Fm 101.9 is the first 24hours of live audio and visual (live streaming) radio station located in plateau state with broadcast extending to some parts of the FCT, Bauchi, Gombe, Kaduna, and Nassarawa states. The new station is thriving through its creative content and styles in building and attracting a demographic audience base. Jay 101.9 Fm is attracting more listenership/followership daily from its programming style, program durations, and social media interactivity platforms.
The Jos-based radio station started broadcasting in the 3rd quarter of 2016, (September 2016) with the aim of empowering the general public with information and entertainment in real-time.
Jay Fm has an audience that spans largely from young people to middle-aged, working-class listeners, which has made our station the most listened to and viewed radio platform. We also reach our audience via a mobile application on Google Play Store for Android and IOS store for Apple devices and our live stream service which are complemented by a robust social media presence.
Addition benefits of our radio advertisement include flexibility in cost and pricing. The team is ably led by the MD/CEO Clinton Garuba who is a seasoned media practitioner, with over 2 decades of experience in the media circle.
To become the leading media and entertainment outfit in NigeriaMD/CEO, Clinto Garuba
To provide world-class quality entertainment experience by being boldly creative and customers’ expectations thereby creating wealth for the ownersMD/CEO, Clinton Garuba
OUR BROADCAST BELTS
- MORNING JAY: 6am to 10am, the Morning show provides a compelling discussion and great music! With broadcast elements including the Newspaper Review ; Birthday caller; Now You Know (history and interesting facts); Let’s Talk Flagship Programme(current affairs) and Medical Monday (our health show)
- TUELE TUELE: The pidgin show provides an easy pidgin language discussion, driven by humour and social conscious topics from 10am-1pm. It attracts a diverse audience of everyday people interested in metropolitan stories and social happenings. It also serves as the home of old Nigerian music genres and highlife.
- JAY AFTERNOON EXPRESS(Flagship programme): From 1pm to 4pm weekdays, this shows= brings the listeners entertainment, game shows, and guest artiste appearances as they carry on with the days ‘s activities. It also features DJ spins and thematic music days during the week. It is especially loved by students for its trendy theme. Wednesday- 3:30pm-4:00pm sisters code(Sisters code unravels social issues young ladies faces on regular basis)
- NIGERIA AT SUNSET (Flagship programme): The show starts at 5pm to 6pm, and is a drive time peak broadcast with engaging discussion on; Room for debate (current affairs); News Bulletin.
- THE NIGHT RUSH (Flagship programme): The late night show is an interactive conversation about love, relationships, pranks and game shows! The show is known for theatrical role-playing fun between callers and host. It starts at 9pm and ends at 1am.
- SPORTS: A 30-minute morning show, jay sports at 7:45am, and football galore later at 04:30pm. The team actively covers the latest happenings in sports around the country and the world, drawing up discussions and projections on game outcomes from major football leagues and sports tournaments. The weekend sports belt also features live commentary on big games, and special appearances of top sports officials and personalities! (Saturday 7am-8am; 3-6pm; Sunday 3pm-6pm).
- SATURDAYS: Jay Movie train 8.00AM-08.30AM; frankly kids (frankly kids brings the listener unfiltered hilarious truths from the minds of children) 8:30am-9:00am; GLW (girls, ladies and women) 9:30am-10:00am.
- SUNDAY: HIGH Life songs across Nigeria 12.00pm-1.00pm
- Karaoke Lounge: 2.00pm-3.00pm (Focused on miming of songs by audience and winners are invited to the studio on next programme to perform etc.)
- Family Life Today: Teaching on family growth and development 6.00pm-7.00pm
- Evolution of the legends: Stories on music legends, movie Trailers 9.00pm-10pm
Our news bulletin covers stories plateau state, national, international, Business, Sport, and Entertainment stories. The specialized bulletins are named based on focal coverage. Various news broadcasts are done with thematic sound and production.
- Jay FM, News Review 07.15am-7.45am, a look at the newspaper and news media stories to start off the day. Stories are prioritized based influence, information and importance
- Jay FM News Now: 10.00am-10.15am, news now provides details to major stories from within the plateau and national stories
- Jay FM News Across Nigeria the midway bulletin 12pm-12.15pm, covers stories across at least 15 Nigerian states from occurrences, state government decision and developments
- Jay FM News Now: 04.00pm-4.15pm, covers details on the key decisions made for the day by governments, response by people and scheduled event for the next day
- Jay FM, News Today 06.00-06.15pm, covers a summary of daily happening, interviews done by Jay FM also focuses on business, sports, entertainment and international news of the day